The popular Mediterranean herb thyme gives these wedges a fragrant and offsets the sweetness. This wonderful herb contains the essential oil thymol, which has been being scientifically found to have antiseptic, anti-fungal properties. The leaves are packed with potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and rich in Vitamins B, A, K, E and C. Thyme helps to improve respiratory health and has been used for centuries to treat coughs and bronchitis. In fact, steep the leaves and brew thyme tea to treat colds and respiratory conditions!
Soft Sweet Potato Thyme Wedges
1 large sweet potato
1 1/2 TBS dried thyme
1 1/2 TBS coconut oil
1 tsp celtic sea salt
crack of pepper
2. Peel sweet potato, cut in half and slice into thick chunky wedges
3. Combine coconut oil, thyme, sea salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss with wedge chunks until coated well
4. Line a baking tray with baking sheet and spread wedges over it evenly
5. Bake for 15 mins, remove and flip them over, bake for another 15 mins
6. Let the fries cool down and enjoy!