As it's the height of summer I wanted to create something light and refreshing, and having the fruit by itself seemed a bit boring so I added coconut into the mix to give it a bit more texture as well as added flavour. One has coconut milk, the other coconut butter, and the extra chia seeds adds both nutrition as well as a more pudding like consistency.
This keeps easily in the fridge, you can use any fruits that you like, blueberries, kiwifruit etc. I have even made more exotic ones with dragon fruit and lychees before. Some fruits if they have a lighter taste, you can add coconut water instead and up the chai seeds. Get crazy and start mixing the fruits together as well, this is a great recipe to experiment with!
Raw Layered Creamy Banana Mango Pudding
1/2 cup coconut butter
1 medijool date
1 TBS maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 medijool date
2 TBS chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2. In a small jar or cup, scoop out a couple of heaped spoonfuls and flatten down
3. Next blend the mango layer, combine all ingredients except for the chia seeds and mix until it's all creamy, this should be easier as the coconut milk is much thinner. Then put into a bowl, and whisk in the chia seeds. If you have a blender that has a reverse blade function (so that it still spins but doesn't blend), then whip the chia seeds in that way
4. Add a layer of the mango mixture on top of the banana layer, you can shake the container slightly and this will help spread the mango layer
5. Add another banana layer, then a final mango one on top. I had 2 jars (250ml) and it makes up 2 servings. Leave to set in the fridge for 4 - 5 hrs. You can dust with cinnamon, or fresh mango and/or banana slices on top.
* Make sure if you don't have a reverse blade function use a whisk to blend in the chia seeds. If you use a spoon the chia seeds tends to clump up and then it's very hard to evenly