Macadamias are high in unsaturated fatty acids and also palmitoleic acids, which actually helps to speed up metabolism and lowers cholesterol.They are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc as well as being rich in vitamins, especially the many B-complex vitamins.
Raw Olive Spring Onion Cheese
1 cup macadamia nuts (soaked for 4 hrs)
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp probiotic powder
10 raw olives
1 stem spring onion
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp grounded caraway seed
1 tsp lemon juice
pinch of Celtic sea salt
2. Place mixture into a cheesecloth lined strainer (nut bag works well) and place a weight on top. You can sit the strainer in a pot or a small bucket, so that there is space at the bottom for the whey to drip out. Make sure that the weight covers the cheese completely.
3. Leave to culture at room temperature for 48hrs
4. Once cultured blend with salt, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and spring onion and caraway seed
5. Cut up olives into small chunks and stir in by hand
* I used probiotic capsules (1/2 tsp is roughly )