Gill developed this recipe over a few years, and it's her to-go-to gifts for friends and family, and now she's kind enough to share it with us.
According to the Swedish tradition, you can make a wish, using gingerbread. First, put the gingerbread in your palm and then make a wish. You then have to break the gingerbread with your other hand. If the gingerbread brakes in to three, the wish will come true.
Super easy to make as well, so whisk up a batch, and get into the holiday spirit!
Gill's Vegan Gingerbread
1/3 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup treacle
1/4 cup soy milk
2 1/4 cup GF flour
1/2 tsp bicarb
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ginger
2. If using fresh spices, grind well in your Thermomix or food processor. Add any remaining spices and all wet ingredients and mix
3. Sift in dry ingredients and mix well
4. Press into a dough and turn out onto a lightly floured bench top
5. Roll out to approximately 0.5 to 1cm thick, then cut out using your favourite cookie cutters
6. Cook for 5 - 8 mins depending on thickness and size, and whether you like your gingerbread soft or a bit crunchy!
* Gingerbread is cooked without going golden - if it starts to brown you may have overdone it