The main ingredients in the original one were condensed milk and white chocolate Tim Tams, so then I decided to recreate that with coconut condensed milk, vegan/gluten free cookies and white chocolate. I made up two separate versions, one with the raw caramel chocolate from Loving Earth and the other was from the vegan white chocolate from Sweet William. You can easily purchase the Sweet William products from most grocery stores and most health food stores carry the Loving Earth range. I used both as I wanted to see if it would make a difference to the flavour and it actually didn't, the raw chocolate one was slightly creamier but the secret to the caramel flavour was the coconut condensed milk, the maple syrup gives it the caramel taste.
Depending on which brand of cookies you buy, the weight will vary a bit but they are all roughly the same 150g, also when you prepare the condensed milk, sometimes it can be a little more or less depending on the heat and time used to make it. So when you add in the desiccated coconut you might have to add a little more. Don't worry about the exact quantity, this recipe is a good one for a little less or more of each ingredient.
Caramel Coconut Snowballs
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 pack gluten free/vegan biscuits (roughly 150g)
1/3 block of 100g raw or white vegan chocolate
2 2/12 cup desiccated coconut
extra desiccated coconut for outer layer
2. Lower the heat to low-med and simmer for 45 mins, stir occasionally until it's thicker and roughly reduced by half
3. Add in the chocolate and stir through until it's all mixed well
4. In a blender or food processor crumble up the biscuits, add in the coconut and mix it well, then add in the condensed milk and blend again until it's all mixed well. The mixture might be a bit wet, but as long as the consistency will hold then it's fine
5. Get a spoonful, roll it up into snowball shape, then coat the outside with a layer of desiccated coconut. Do this until the mixture is all used up
6. Line some baking paper on a tray and put all the snowballs on it. Put it in the fridge for a few hours, then enjoy!